Curtis Jensen is a Graphic Designer, photographer and artist living in San Francisco.
Curtis has 15 years of experience working as a Graphic Designer and has been the Director Marketing and Graphics for Steamworks since 2007.
Summary of Qualifications
- 15 years experience designing advertising, web content, corporate identity, outdoor campaigns, environmental design for fairs and trade shows, etc…
- 10+ years experience as a photographer, videographer and creative director of photo and video shoots
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- 10+ years experience managing marketing staff, support staff and the hiring and management of models for video and photo shoots.
- 9 years experience negotiating and booking advertising with print, web, radio, television and podcasts
- 9 years experience maintaining online presence: Website, blogs and social networking
- 9 years experience writing advertising copy, blog entries and social networking posts.
- 20+ years planning and executing marketing and special events, in-house, street fairs, trade shows and customer parties and events
- Excellent organizational skills
- 15+ years experience coordinating, planning and facilitating corporate business meetings
- 25 years experience negotiating ordering and communicating with outside contractors, vendors and suppliers
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Bridge, Dreamweaver, Wordpress, Adobe Indesign, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Windows Movie Maker
Director of Marketing and Graphics, Steamworks Management
San Francisco, CA, January 2007 to present
- Coordinated all marketing programs and activities for chain of clubs across US and Canada. Chain expanded from 3 clubs when I began to clubs in 5 cities.
- Designed all advertising, marketing materials, and web content
- Wrote advertising copy, press releases, news and blog pieces, and social networking posts
- Devised, coordinated and executed promotional events, street fairs, customer parties, in all 5 cities
- Facilitated collaboration and communication with 5 General Managers and Main Office Upper Management on concepts, planning, design and execution of all marketing activities of company.
- Managed marketing support staff, event staff, and casting and management of talent for video and photo shoots.
- Creative direction and shooting of video and photo shoots, hired photographers, and coordinated all aspects of location and equipment for shoots.
- Planned and attended weekly, quarterly and special corporate meetings. Facilitated all marketing discussions and meetings.
- Developed weekly and quarterly marketing and advertising planning.
- Booked all advertising, and communicated with advertising vendors and publishers, negotiated with vendors for sourcing of promotional items
- Communicated directly with customers about events and promotions through direct weekly eblasts.
- Designed visual displays for Holidays and special events.
Graphic Designer, California State Automobile Association (CSAA)
San Francisco, CA, 2002 - 2006
- Designed graphics for posters, brochures, fliers, identity programs, electronic newsletters, email communications, Power Point templates and presentations, and intranet sites. Coordinated the production of printed marketing materials with vendors and printers.
- Edited and wrote copy for a bi-monthly electronic newsletter.
- Provided photography and video production services for division wide events, educational programs, communications, and archive projects.
- Planned and executed special events. Managed the entire planning process including coordination of caterers, negotiations with venues and entertainers, creation of promotional materials and collateral, managing invitations, registration, door prizes and gift bags, and supervising the set up and breakdown of event space and media needs.
- Served as a leadership team member of the Pride Employee Resource Group for three years. Served on the enterprise wide Employee Engagement Team, the Enterprise Diversity Council, and IT Volunteer Team. Coordinated and managed volunteer efforts within division.
- Managed and promoted a peer-to-peer divisional employee incentive program
- Graphic and Interactive Design Certificate Program, University of California, Berkeley, Extension,
San Francisco, California
- Art History Program, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Theater Production & Design Program, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Recipient of Joel Mielziner Scholarship for stage and costume design.